Rich and luxuriant, the Amaretto Sour is one of the most popular sour recipes from back in the day that is well overdue a revival. Using Amaretto creates a cocktail with a lower ABV than your typical Whiskey Sour, the Amaretto Sour is a delightful crowd pleaser of a cocktail.
Just because it uses a sweet Amaretto liqueur does not mean that this recipe needs to be sickly sweet. All but removing sugar from the classic ‘Sour’ recipe ensures a rich and flavourful drink, that is also perfectly well balanced!
- 60 ml AMARETTO (2 parts)
- 30 ml LEMON JUICE (1 part)
- 1 SMALL EGG WHITE (1/2 part)
- 5 SUGAR SYRUP (DASH)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- 2 – Shake ingredients without ice (dry shake) to whip up a rich foam. You can add the spring from a Hawthorn Strainer to help froth the ingredients.
- 3 – Add ice to the shaker with the frothy ingredients. (Remove the Hawthorn spring first, if you used one).
- 4 – Shake hard and fine strain into a cocktail glass or lowball glass.
- 5 – Garnish with a twist of lemon and a dusting of Amaretti Biscuit if you want to add an extra dimension!
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh lemon juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks