A classic cocktail that dates back to the late 1800s, the Bamboo Cocktail looks like a Martini but uses no base spirit, only fortified wines. There are many different versions of this drink throughout history using different rations of Sherry and Vermouth, using Sweet Vermouth in place of Dry or even as well as Dry Vermouth.
Herbaceous and dry, it’s a delightful aperitif and a recipe that you can play with to make your own. Make sure your ingredients are really cold and only give the drink a short stir. With no spirit in the recipe, you don’t want to add too much water from the ice when stirring.
- 45 ml DRY VERMOUTH (1 part)
- 45 ml FINO SHERRY (1 part)
- 1 DASH ANGOSTURA BITTERS
- 1 DASH ORANGE BITTERS
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a mixing glass
- 2 – Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir ingredients together
- 3 – Stir briefly, just long enough to make the drink icy cold!
- 4 – Garnish with a twist of lemon and serve
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks