Making a good Bloody Mary Mix is an essential for anyone interested in great drinks. Of course, you can make a Bloody Mary or Red Snapper (a Bloody Mary made with gin not vodka) from scratch, but if you’re having friends over for brunch and are planning to make more than just a couple, you really want to stir up a Bloody Mary Mix to keep life easy. This one is deliciously spicy and flavoursome, whilst also being fairly conventional to please as many people as possible. Read More
The benefit of the Bloody Mary Mix is that it’s non-alcoholic. So, it can be enjoyed by everyone and then it can also have vodka, gin or even tequila added to it. The strength of each drink can be adjusted as required too, just add as much or as little booze as needed. Pop the batch back into the fridge and it’ll happily last for a few days. Seeing you through a weekend away with friends, holiday gatherings, or any other communal occasion.
If you want to win at pleasing everyone, serve your batch with bottles of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, a full range of garnishes and anything else you think of that makes a great Bloody Mary on the side. That way, everyone can adapt and customise their final drink just the way they like it. Congratulations, you are now a hosting hero.
- 60 ml VODKA (1 part)
- 90 ml BLOODY MARY MIX (3 parts)
How to make it
- 1 – Add chilled Bloody Mary Mix to glass to a tall glass.
- 2 – If having an alcoholic version, add Vodka or your chosen spirit to the glass. (We recommend a ratio of 1 part spirit to 3 parts Bloody Mary Mix).
- 3 – Use a fork to cut grooves into the back of a stick of celery to allow juices to flow into your drink and your drink to infuse into your celery. Add celery into the glass.
- 4 – Fill glass with ice.
- 5 – Place any additional garnishes on top.
- 6 – Serve
Bloody Mary MIX – 1 Litre
- 765 ml TOMATO JUICE (9 parts)
- 85 ml WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (1 part)
- 85 ml FRESH LEMON JUICE (1 part)
- 42.5 ml RICH SIMPLE SYRUP (1/2 part)
- 20 ml TABASCO (1/4 part)
- 1 tsp CELERY SALT
- 1/2 tsp BLACK PEPPER
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a large jug or mixing bowl.
- 2 – Mix well with a spoon or spatula.
- 3 – Decant into a bottle for ease of storage and less danger of spillage. Or you can serve from a jug if you prefer.
- 4 – Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 5 – Make the night before to make brunch go more smoothly.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon Juice||0||0||ml|
|Rich Sugar Syrup||0||0||ml|
|Celery Salt (Tsp)||0||0|
|Black Pepper (Tsp)||0||0|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks