Boulevardier means ‘man about town’ and in short, this drink is a Negroni made with American Whisky instead of Gin. However, this is no modern twist on a classic, the Boulevardier has been around since 1920’s Paris where it was first mixed and popularized by American expats living there.
The classic calls for equal parts of each ingredient like a Negroni. However, like most people these days, we suggest leaning a little heavier onto the Whisky, but that may depend on the Whisky you choose, so feel free to tweak to your preference. Typically made with Bourbon, but as always, get creative and experiment.
- 45 ml BOURBON (1 1/2 parts)
- 30 ml SWEET VERMOUTH (1 part)
- 30 ml BITTER APERITIVO (1 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- 2 – Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir ingredients together.
- 3 – Stir until ice cold and just enough water has been added from ice-melt to fully open flavours.
- 4 – Fill glass with ice.
- 5 – Garnish with a twist of orange and serve!
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks