Legendary London bartender Dick Bradsell created the Bramble whilst working at Fred’s Bar in London’s Soho in the 1980s. A well-balanced combination of dry gin, lemon, and blackberry liqueur. The Bramble was intended to be a quintessentially British cocktail, inspired by British flavors. It rapidly became the go-to gin drink in many bartenders’ repertoires and helped to propel gin cocktails back into the limelight.
Dick realised the Bramble had finally ascended to the highest of cocktail heights when a visiting French bartender argued with him across the bar and refused to believe that he had invented the drink!
“You always have to try and achieve perfection in bartending, it doesn’t just happen; you have to make the effort.”
– Dick Bradsell, 2003.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 6 People. Please drink responsibly.
- 4 Parts FORDS GIN
- 2 Parts LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 Part RICH SIMPLE SYRUP
- 3 1/2 Parts STILL WATER
- 1 Part CRÈME DE MÛRE(DRIZZLE INTO EACH GLASS, NOT BATCH)
How to make it
- 1 – Take a clean, empty Fords Gin Bottle.
- 2 – ADD WATERFill to halfway between 6oz (not numbered) and 8oz line
- 3 – ADD RICH SIMPLE SYRUPFill to the 8oz line
- 4 – ADD LEMON JUICEFill to the 12oz line
- 5 – ADD FORDS GINFill to the 20oz line and put the lid on
- 7 – Roll bottle end-over-end to mix.
- 8 – Taste test to check balance. (NB: The batch should taste a little sour as the sweet blackberry liqueur will bring the drink into balance in the glass when served).
- 9 – Add to fridge or ice bucket to chill.
- 10 – SERVEShake the batch in the bottle then pour approx 3 ½ oz or 100ml into a lowball glass.Add crushed ice to the glass, so that it piles up above the rim of the glass.Drizzle ½ oz / 15ml Crème de Mûre over the ice into the glass.Garnish with a blackberry and serve.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 6 People.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
|Rich Simple Syrup||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks