A twist on the classic Caipiriñha, the Caipiroska is made by simply switching out the traditional Brazilian spirit of Caçhaca for your choice of Vodka. Supremely refreshing and simple to make, it’s a must-know classic.
The Caipiroska is also a great base recipe from which you can get creative and add your own twist. Try adding in a little soft fruit or using flavoured syrups / sugars to suit your personal preference.
Share this recipe Pin Recipe
- 60 ml VODKA (2 parts)
- 30 ml 1 WHOLE LIME (1 part)
- 15 ml CASTER / BAKERS SUGAR (1/2 part)
GLASS – LOWBALL PROCESS – MUDDLE ICE – CUBED & CRUSHED GARNISH – NONE
How to make it
- 1 – Trim the top and bottom off a lime then cut into 8 cubes.
- 2 – Add pieces of lime to a lowball glass. Yes, a whole lime cut into cubes, NOT lime juice! You need the powerful flavours of the oils in the lime peel that will be extracted as the limes are crushed with the sugar.
- 3 – Add the sugar. Make sure the sugar is fine (caster/bakers) so that it dissolves into the liquid of the drink. If the sugar just sinks, the drink will be sour and unpleasant. Also, classically it’s made with white or unbleached sugar, not brown. (You can use rich simple syrup if you don't have sugar, but sugar is abrasive and helps to cut into the lime and release essential oils from the skin of the lime).
- 4 – Muddle lime pieces and sugar together using a muddler (or rolling pin if you don't have one). Lean onto the muddler to press and grind the juice and oils out of the lime pieces in the glass. Slow and fim, press and twist. Don’t whack the limes or everything will just fly out of the glass!
- 5 – Add Vodka.
- 6 – Fold in half a glass of crushed ice and churn ingredients and ice together to dissolve sugar, make the drink cold and add the necessary dilution through a little ice-melt to open the flavours of the drink.
- 7 – Taste test you drink.
- 8 – Add more crushed ice until it piles up above the rim of the glass, for both aesthetic reasons and to keep the drink icy cold until the end. Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @candra_drinks or tag #makebetterdrinks
Shopping list calculator
What you need
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks