This is our take on the classic Sherry Flip cocktail. The clue is in the title, the Cherry Sherry Flip takes the classic Sherry Flip, and adds a hint of rich dark cherry and spices from the dash of Angostura bitters. This all blends beautifully with the dry nutty flavour of the Amontillado Sherry and rich body of the egg. All in all making for a fabulously easy drinking little cocktail.Read More
The Flip goes back to the 1800s and Sherry has been a popular base for it ever since. There are differences of opinions over the best recipe for a flip, but the essentials are always base spirit of fortified wine, sugar or sweetening ingredient and egg. Some recipes call for just the yolk of an egg, others for the more traditional whole egg, while some swear by adding a splash of heavy cream. The truth is, all of the above can work well, it’s often just down to personal preference.
Share this recipe Pin Recipe
- 60 ml AMONTILLADO SHERRY (2 parts)
- 30 ml CHERRY HEERING (CHERRY LIQUEUR) (1 part)
- 1 SMALL EGG (1 part)
- 7.5 ml RICH SIMPLE SYURP (1/4 part)
- 1 Dash ANGOSTURA BITTERS (DASH)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- 2 – If you want an even richer, heavier experience, and 20ml / 2/3oz heavy cream too.
- 3 – Shake ingredients without ice (dry shake) to whip up the egg.
- 4 – Add ice to the shaker with the frothy ingredients.
- 5 – Shake hard and fine strain into a cocktail glass or lowball glass.
- 6 – Garnish with a Maraschino cherry!
Tried this recipe?Mention @candra_drinks or tag #makebetterdrinks
Shopping list calculator
Cherry Sherry Flip
What you need
|Cherry Heering (Cherry liqueur)||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks