Is there anyone that doesn’t love a Clover Club? As a bartender it’s one of those drinks you know will put a smile on the face of even the most difficult to please guest. It’s a truly joyful drink to both drink and serve and has been around since the late 1880s, when it was created in Philadelphia.Read More
Quality ingredients as always are vital, but in particular the raspberry syrup. This is a drink that demands you make your own, and it’s so simple to do. If for some reason you can’t, then use fresh berries and sugar rather than a store bought syrup, unless you stumble across a super artisanal local syrup producer. If you don’t eat eggs, sub in aquafaba. You really need the fluffy texture to get the full joy of this drink.
Share this recipe Pin Recipe
- 60 ml GIN (3 parts)
- 20 ml LEMON JUICE (1 part)
- 10 ml RICH RASPBERRY SYRUP (1/2 part)
- 1 SMALL EGG WHITE (3/4 part)
How to make it
- 1 – If you want a more herbaceous version, reduce Gin to 45ml / 1 ½ oz and include 15ml / ½ oz of your preferred dry vermouth.
- 2 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- 3 – Shake ingredients without ice (dry shake) to whip up a rich foam. You can add the spring from a Hawthorn Strainer to help froth the ingredients.
- 4 – Add ice to the shaker with the frothy ingredients. (Remove the Hawthorn spring first, if you used one).
- 5 – Shake hard and fine strain into a cocktail glass.
- 6 – Express a twist of lemon over the top of the drink for aromatics.
- 7 – Garnish with a single fresh raspberry floating on top of the drink’s foam, and serve!
Tried this recipe?Mention @candra_drinks or tag #makebetterdrinks
Shopping list calculator
What you need
|Rich raspberry syrup||0||0||ml|
|Small Egg white||0||0|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks