For such a relatively modern cocktail there are a lot of stories about where the Cosmopolitan really came from. However, what most people think of when they hear Cosmopolitan is New York, the 1990’s, and Sex in the City!
Its overexposure and subsequent abuse in bars that didn’t care how to make it, meant that it started to morph from what it once was in its glory days, into a flabby juicy drink for the masses. There’s nothing wrong with drinking a vodka cranberry, but a Cosmopolitan is supposed to be a short, booze-forward, sharp and dry little drink. It’s a better drink than you probably think it is, make it with pride!
- 60 ml VODKA (3 parts)
- 30 ml CRANBERRY JUICE (1 part)
- 30 ml COINTREAU OR TRIPLE SEC (1/2 part)
- 15 ml 1/2 WHOLE LIME
How to make it
- 1 – Squeeze half a lime into a shaker and drop in the husk of the lime.
- 2 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- 3 – Fill shaker with ice.
- 4 – Shake hard and fine strain into a cocktail glass.
- 5 – Garnish with a twist of orange, and serve!
Shopping list calculator
|Triple Sec / Orange Curacao||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks