This is a recipe that we use to explain the concept of balance and the importance of ratios to bartenders on day one of professional training. It’s an absolute classic and, if made well, it’s absolutely delicious!
However, do not be undone by its simplicity. Made badly, this drink is awful!
- 60 ml LIGHT RUM (2 parts)
- 30 ml FRESH LIME JUICE (1 part)
- 15 ml SUGAR SYRUP (1/2 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a shaker
- 2 – Shake hard with ice
- 3 – Make sure you shake for long enough. To be cold, yes, but the water added during shaking is VITAL to the success of this drink.
- 4 – Taste to check the balance of the drink and adjust if necessary
- 5 – Strain into glass, (garnish) and serve
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lime Juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks