Dry Martini (Fords Gin Batched)
The biggest misconception about the Dry Martini is that it’s very strong and you have to be ‘brave’ or a hardened drinker to enjoy them.
Provided you stick to a few simple rules, drinking a Dry Martini is a delightful and easy experience.
Use a high-grade Gin such as Fords Gin. This is non-negotiable for making a great Dry Martini as it’s the star of the drink. The quality of your Dry Vermouth must also be on par with the Gin, and should be as fresh as possible. Remember to look after Vermouth like white wine to avoid ruining your Martinis! Read More
Water lowers the strength of a Dry Martini, unlocking all the flavours carried in the alcohol, bringing all the Gin’s botanicals to the forefront. Water also softens the heat of the alcohol, essential for creating an enjoyable experience.
This batched version will ensure that your Dry Martini will be perfect every time. Instead of stirring the ingredients with ice, as is classically done to both chill and add water, filtered water is added directly to the bottle along with Fords Gin and Dry Vermouth. All you need to do is measure carefully, make the batch icy cold, then serve and enjoy.
As the ingredients rest in the bottle together the flavours become even smoother and more rounded, so you can batch your Fords Gin Dry Martini ahead of time, perfect for when you’re entertaining.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 4-5 People. Please drink responsibly.
- 5 Part FORDS GIN
- 1 Part DRY VERMOUTH
- 4 1/2 Parts STILL WATER
How to make it
- 1 – Take a clean, empty Fords Gin Bottle.
- 2 – ADD FORDS GINFill to the top of the bottom measuring line (the tippy top of measuring line, just above the 375ml measuring line).
- 3 – ADD DRY VERMOUTHFill to the middle of the bottle's waist.
- 4 – ADD WATERFill to the 'fill line' on the neck of the bottle and put the lid on.
- 5 – Roll bottle end-over-end to mix.
- 6 – Taste test to check balance.
- 7 – Add to fridge or ice bucket to chill.
- 8 – SERVEPour your ice-cold Dry Martini straight from the bottle into a cocktail glass.Garnish as required with a twist, olive or leave naked (no garnish).
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 8 People.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
Learn more about Fords Gin here
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks