Gimlet (Fords Gin Batched)
The Gimlet is originally a recipe from the British Royal Navy, where sailors would add Gin to their ration of Rose’s Lime Cordial. The lime cordial was a requirement for all enlisted men to take as a (somewhat flawed) attempt to avoid the ravages of Scurvy, a potentially fatal condition. Scurvy is not a disease, but a malaise caused by a lack of vitamin C, so the lime cordial ration was an attempt to get vitamin C into the sailors’ diets, even on long expeditions where fresh ingredients would perish. Read More
This popular Fords Gin Gimlet is a Daiquiri-style version that drops the lime cordial in favor of a combination of fresh lime juice and sugar. Delivering a crisp and refreshing drink that still manages to make Fords Gin the hero.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 4-5 People. Please drink responsibly.
- 5 Part FORDS GIN
- 2 1/2 Parts LIME JUICE
- 1 1/4 Parts RICH SIMPLE SYRUP
- 6 3/4 Parts STILL WATER
How to make it
- 1 – Take a clean, empty Fords Gin Bottle.
- 2 – ADD RICH SIMPLE SYRUPFill to the point between the ‘m’ and the ‘l’ at the bottom the bottle where it says ‘ml’.
- 3 – ADD FORDS GINFill to 8oz line.
- 4 – ADD WATERFill to 500ml line.
- 5 – ADD LIME JUICEFill to the 20oz line and put the lid on.
- 6 – ADD FORDS GINFill to the 'fill line' on the neck of the bottle and put the lid on.
- 7 – Roll bottle end-over-end to mix.
- 8 – Taste test to check balance.
- 9 – Add to fridge or ice bucket to chill.
- 10 – SERVETake your chilled bottle of Fords Gimlet and shake it hard, like it’s a cocktail shaker, from end to end for 4-5 seconds to aerate the drink.Now pour the batch straight into a cocktail glass, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 8 People.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
|Rich Simple Syrup||0||0||ml|
Learn more about Fords Gin here
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks