The Hot Toddy is a very old concoction that has survived through the time because of its simplicity, flexibility and of course it’s delicious ability to warm your soul and your bones! Read More
The basic building blocks of the Hot Toddy recipe are hot water, spices, spirit, lemon, and a sweetening agent. So, this could be honey and Irish Whiskey, Demerara sugar and Rum or Candian Whisky and maple syrup. Virtually any brown spirit works in a Toddy recipe. Which means you can work with whatever your preferred Whisk(e)y, Rum or Brandy is.
Spices used are anything that you might throw into a pot for mulling wine or making Mulled Cider. Think cinnamon and clove of course, but also perhaps ginger and star anise too. There are so many options to choose from, but why not start with our suggestion. We’ve used a combination of citrus – orange peel and lemon wheel.
- 45 ml IRISH WHISKEY (1 1/2 parts)
- 15 ml FRESH LEMON JUICE (1/2 part)
- 120 ml HOT WATER (4 parts)
- 15 ml HONEY (1/2 part)
- 1 ORANGE PEEL
- 1 CLOVE
- 1 LEMON WHEEL
How to make it
- 1 – Stud a strip of orange peel with a clove.
- 2 – Add honey to glass.
- 3 – Add studded orange peel to mug.
- 4 – Pour over the hot water and let sit for a minute to infuse.
- 5 – Stir in honey if not fully dissolved.
- 6 – Add lemon juice.
- 7 – Add Whiskey and serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon Juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks