A simple yet elegant twist on the classic Old Fashioned recipe written for the wedding of Matt and Erika Hyde at Hudini’s Estate in Los Angeles.
Honey takes the place of the typical brown sugar used in the classic Old Fashioned. Not only does this bring a unique flavour profile to the recipe, it’s also one you can adapt to your taste and location as honeys are hugely varied. Your choice here will have a significant impact on the final drink.
Marry this with a hint of chocolate and aromatics from fresh citrus, and you have your new favourite Old Fashioned recipe.
- 60 ml AMERICAN WHISKEY (2 parts)
- 7.5 ml HONEY (1/4 part)
- 15 ml WATER (1/2 part)
- 2 DASH HELLA MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BITTERS
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a mixing jug. The splash of water simply helps you get to the perfect point of dilution more quickly.
- 2 – Use a spoon to dissolve honey into the mixture.
- 3 – Once honey is dissolved, fill mixing jug with ice.
- 4 – Stir to chill ingredients and add dilution. Taste test to find perfect point of dilution.
- 5 – Strain into Lowball glass.
- 6 – Fill with ice, preferably a large single piece!
- 7 – Express the essential oils from an orange peel over the top of the glass, then add the peel to garnish, serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Hella Mexican chocolate bitters||0||0|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks