Irish American Old Fashioned
The best of Irish combines with the best of North America to produce this incredibly smooth, bottle rested Old Fashioned.
The Old Fashioned is such a simple formula, Whiskey, sugar, bitters. Yet it’s this simplicity that allows for so much experimentation and customisation.
This Irish American Old Fashioned recipe takes advantage of the mellowing and rounding effects of bottle resting. However, if you want to make this recipe to serve right now, you can. Simply cut the amount of water in the recipe in half and stir all the ingredients together with ice in a mixing glass til it’s ice-cold and perfectly diluted.
Serves minimum 2 people. Please drink responsibly.
- 60 ml IRISH WHISKEY (2 parts)
- 30 ml AMERICAN WHISKEY (1 part)
- 15 ml MAPLE SYRUP (1/2 part)
- 60 ml STILL WATER (2 parts)
- 1-3 dash HELLA MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BITTERS
How to make it
- 1 – This recipe makes two small serves, but you can multiply up the recipe to batch and bottle as many serves as you require.
- 2 – Carefully measure all ingredients except for the bitters into a clean bottle.
- 3 – Taste to test the balance of the drink, then store in the fridge until serving.
- 4 – Serve by adding a few dashes of chocolate bitters to a lowball glass, then pour in your ice-cold batched recipe, add a block of ice or fill the glass with cubed ice, serve.
Please Drink Responsibly
Serves minimum 2 people
Shopping list calculator
|Dash Hella Chocolate Bitters||0||0|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks