A simple and delicious variation on the classic Collins, this drink takes on a different personality depending what base spirit you use. It even works without alcohol, served with a slice of toast for breakfast.
- 60 ml SPIRIT (2 parts)
- 30 ml FRESH LEMON JUICE (1 part)
- 30 ml MARMALADE (1 part)
- 90 ml SPARKLING WATER (3 parts)
How to make it
- 1 – Add marmalade to the highball glass.
- 2 – Pour the base spirit into the glass and dissolve the marmalade into it using whatever stirring tool you have to hand. (If you want to remove the bits of peel from your marmalade, do this step in a separate glass first, then strain into your serving glass through a fine strainer).
- 3 – Add fresh lemon juice.
- 4 – Add sparkling water.
- 5 – Taste to check the balance of the drink, then adjust if needed (if more sweetness is needed, easier to adjust with a little sugar syrup rather than more marmalade).
- 6 – Add as much ice as you can fit into the glass.
- 7 – Finish with a very thinly sliced wheel of orange to garnish, then serve!
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon Juice||0||0||ml|
Get nerdy with it
BASE CHOICE OF SPIRIT The original Collins recipe ‘Tom Collins’ uses Gin, but this recipe will work with literally any spirit you like…top tip try it with Brandy.
FRESH LEMON JUICE Make sure it’s freshly squeezed, and for aesthetics purposes we would recommend you strain it through a sieve to remove any pips or bits of flesh that will look unsightly floating around in the drink.
MARMALADE Store bought or homemade, with or without bits, classic orange or another citrus. They all work well here…but we do love the classic orange. Especially with citrusy Gins, Cognac or Whisk(e)y.
SPARKLING WATER We recommend you use a highly carbonated water here -something with strong bubbles!
Why we chose this recipe for you
Try your favorite spirit as the base of this recipe. Cognac is a particularly delicious option you might not immediately have thought of, but it works great in long and refreshing drinks like this Marmalade Collins. Try it, we bet you’ll love it.
If you’d like to try something more traditional, check out the Classic Tom Collins
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks