The Mayflower Gin Punch recipe is inspired by Punch’s naval connections, dating back to the early 1600’s. That’s right, Punch is actually the precursor to the Cocktail.
This light and refreshing Punch recipe is one you’ll want to share with your friends, exactly what Punch is famous for. Mix it up in a bowl that’s appropriate to the number of people you’re serving. Read More
However, the star of the drink is the Gin, so use your favourite classic style Gin. We recommend something that’s citrus led that will be complimented by the fresh lemon juice, green tea and sherbet. Grapefruit sherbet is a fantastic ingredient and only takes a little work to prepare. It balances this Gin Punch recipe, providing sweet, sour and bitter flavours, plus a magical mouthfeel.
The final ingredient is Fernet Branca, a wonderful and powerful ingredient, created with a blend of herbs and spices. Used in this cocktail sparingly, as you might with dashes of hot sauce to your food, it’s as crucial to this drink, as Angostura bitters is to your Old Fashioned cocktail.
- 60 ml GIN (3 parts)
- 20 ml MARASCHINO LIQUEUR (1 part)
- 20 ml GRAPEFRUIT SHERBET (1 part)
- 60 ml GREEN TEA (3 parts)
- 30 ml LEMON JUICE (1.5 parts)
- 5 Dashes FERNET BRANCA
How to make it
- 1 – A quick bit of prep to do here first, but well worth it and nothing to be scared of. Cold brew your green tea and make the Grapefruit Sherbet.
- 2 – Add all ingredients to a Punch bowl and stir together.
- 3 – The recipe above is a single serve, so multiply quantities as required and add to the Punch bowl. If you don’t have a punch bowl large enough for all the serves you want to make, bottle the rest of the mixture, and store in the fridge. You can then simply top up your Punch bowl as it’s depleted. Don’t forget to refresh ice and garnish to the bowl too!
- 4 – Add ice. We recommend large chunks of ice.
- 5 – Lay garnish across the top of the Punch bowl.
- 6 – Ladle into Punch cups. To get the perfect serve every time, add ice and fruit to the Punch cup, then ladle the Punch into the cup.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks