In fact, this is a great drink for those who find the smoky character of Mezcal too much to handle, assuming they do enjoy smoky flavours. The complex, bitter and sweet character you get from sweet vermouth and bitter aperitivo stand up well to the smoke in the Mezcal, delivering a surprisingly well balanced drink.
If you have a friend who’s not convinced by Mezcal, no matter how often you tell them how great it is, this might just be the drink to persuade them with.
- 25 ml MEZCAL (1 part)
- 25 ml SWEET VERMOUTH (1 part)
- 25 ml BITTER APERITIVO (1 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to your mixing glass then fill with ice.
- 2 – Stir to chill and add dilution. As the alcohol strength is already lowered by inclusion of vermouth and bitter aperitivo the stirring process is fairly brief, so be careful not to over dilute.
- 3 – When the perfect dilution point is reached (remember, use your nose and palate to find that exact moment), strain ingredients into a lowball glass.
- 4 – Fill glass with ice, ideally large block.
- 5 – Garnish and serve.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks