The Mint Julep is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby and is a deliciously simple drink to make and serve. It’s both refreshing and boozy like an Old Fashioned. Although it’s traditionally thought of as a summer cocktail, it can be enjoyed any time of year. Read More
- 60 ml BOURBON (1 part)
- MINT (8-10 MINT LEAVES)
- 1 tsp CASTER / BAKERS SUGAR
How to make it
- 1 – Add ingredients to Julep Cup (or lowball).
- 2 – Fill cup 2/3 full of crushed ice.
- 3 – Use a spoon to fold and churn the ingredients and ice together and dissolve the sugar. You don’t want to mash up the mint leaves, but you do want to make the drink VERY cold and add some water to open up the flavours of the Whiskey.
- 4 – Taste the drink as you churn the ingredients together to find the perfect point when the drink is ready. When enough water has been added to make the drink smooth and easy to drink, sugar is dissolved and flavours from the mint is released.
- 5 – Fill the glass with crushed ice and keep filling with ice to form a mound above the rim of the cup.
- 6 – Garnish & serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Tsp Caster or Bakers sugar||0||0|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks