Hailing from one of New York’s great modern cocktail bars, Death & Co, the Naked and Famous was created by bartender Joaquín Simó in 2011. Described by Simó as the lovechild of a Last Word and a Paper Plane that was “conceived in the mountains of Oaxaca”
The fact that recipes like the Naked and Famous, and for that matter the Last Word and Paper Plane, have become broadly popular means that cocktail culture is in great shape. These are powerful and complex cocktails that once upon a time might have only been drunk by booze nerds and bartenders. Yet now, more and more people want to step outside their comfort zones to find more exciting drinking experiences. Long may it continue!
- 22.5 ml MEZCAL (1 part)
- 22.5 ml APEROL (1 part)
- 22.5 ml YELLOW CHARTREUSE (1 part)
- 22.5 ml LIME JUICE (1 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, fill with ice.
- 2 – Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
- 3 – The creator himself advises to pick a bold Mezcal with plenty of smoke to stand up to the other powerful flavours at play in this recipe. Who are we to argue? You can always try it with whatever Mezcal you usually enjoy drinking then go from there.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lime Juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks