Unless you’re allergic to peanuts, we dare you to not love this Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake.
It does have ice cream and peanut butter in it, so probably don’t drink too many of these dangerously delicious treats! However, by using fresh raspberries, it’s not as sickly sweet as you may think, but it’s still plenty rich enough.
Is it highbrow? No. Will you care when you take a sip? Absolutely not!
- 15 ml PEANUT BUTTER (1/4 part)
- 30 ml FRESH RASPBERRIES (1/2 part)
- 60 ml OAT MILK (1 part)
- 120 ml VANILLA ICE CREAM (2 parts)
How to make it
- 1 – Crush fresh raspberries to make them easy to measure. Now add them along with the oat milk first, then add the peanut butter on top, avoiding the sides of the jug / cup if you can. Blend all three ingredients together untill smooth, before adding the ice cream and blending again until it’s all combined together into an evenly smooth texture.
- 2 – Cold ice cream makes peanut butter harden, and therefore more difficult to mix into the drink and more likely to stick to the blades and sides of the container.
- 3 – Therefore, by getting the peanut butter mixed into the oat milk and berries before adding the ice cream, you should end up with less peanut butter stuck to the side of the blender and more in your glass, making cleaning easier too!
- 4 – Pour into your glass or bottle and serve with some fresh berries.
Shopping list calculator
|Vanilla Ice cream||0||0||ml|
Get nerdy with it
PEANUT BUTTER – Some say that those who eat smooth peanut butter hate puppies and listen to Nickleback. But you should feel free to use whatever your preferred peanut butter is, even if it’s smooth.
OAT MILK – Pick a good rich one. This adds a delightful cereal note to your shakes, as well as getting the texture of your Shake thin enough to drink. Also, don’t forget that the grain flavour of the bread helps to make a PBJ what it is…and so the cereal note really takes you to that comfort place when you sip this drink.
RASPBERRIES – Ripe and fresh is ideal. However, better to use flavoursome purée or frozen raspberries than tasteless fresh ones. You can of course always switch out raspberries for strawberries or another red fruit that you prefer.
VANILLA ICE CREAM – Don’t scrimp here, this drink is a treat, not an everyday health shake. So use a delicious vanilla ice cream that’s good enough to eat. Whether you prefer dairy or non dairy, make it the best you can get your hands on!
Why we chose this recipe for you
This recipe’s a ‘no-brainer’ to include here for you. How many reasons do you need? It’s so easy to make. Fun. Delicious. Perfect for all ages. Perfect for any time. Tastes like it’s much naughtier than it is too!
Now that you’ve made this delicious vegan, non alcoholic peanut butter and jelly smoothie don’t forget to share what you’ve made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks