The Penicillin is a modern classic created by Sam Ross in New York sometime in the mid 2000s. It’s a take on the sour formula of: spirit, citrus and sugar.
However, the Penicillin uses some delicious and punchy ingredients to produce a powerful and flavoursome drinking experience that makes an impression. It’s this character that made the Penicillin stand out from the crowd and grow in popularity allowing it to establish itself as a ‘must know‘ modern recipe. Read More
Maybe controversial to some, but instead of adding Peated Scotch at the end as a float on top of the drink, we prefer to add it to the mix and shake it all together to get a more even and balanced drink from start to finish. If you prefer to follow the original, keep the Peated Scotch out of the shaker and add it right at the end just before serving, either way, it’s a great result.
- 45 ml BLENDED SCOTCH (1 1/2 parts)
- 10 ml PEATED SCOTCH (1/3 part)
- 20 ml LEMON JUICE (2/3 part)
- 20 ml HONEY & GINGER SYRUP (2/3 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Firstly, you need a Honey Ginger Syrup. There’s a number of different ways to make this. Our preferred (and the simplest) method is to mix equal amounts of honey and ginger juice together. Simple and delicious. Combine together and store in the fridge until needed.To get ginger juice you can either:– Grate then squeeze fresh ginger through a sieve or cheesecloth. – Use a juicer. – Simply buy a good quality ginger shot from…well…virtually anywhere these days!
- 2 – Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake.
- 3 – Strain into a lowball glass then fill with ice.
- 4 – Garnish and serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon Juice||0||0||ml|
|Honey and Ginger Syrup||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks