The Rebujito is a refreshing cocktail from Andalucia, the hot south of Spain, most famously from the drinking tents of the early summer festivals, La Feria! Other than being dangerously delicious, the fantastic thing about this drink is that it gave a much needed boost to Sherry producers, lifting their sales and helping to secure their future. When the hot weather hits, you’re going to want to learn how to make a Rebujito, especially in a large format for when friends gather! Read More
Rebujito recipes vary, but at their most simple, you will be served a combination of Manzanilla Sherry, Sprite and maybe a slice or two of lemon over lots of ice. In other regions they might use 7Up instead and there could even be a sprig or two of mint. Simple and delicious!
We wouldn’t dare to say our Rebujito recipe is an improvement, but we replace the commercial lemon & lime sodas with something made from scratch that we think is…worth investigating shall we say! I guess we will wait to see if Spain agrees!
- 60 ml MANZANILLA SHERRY (2 part)
- 10 ml LEMON JUICE (1/3 part)
- 10 LIME JUICE (1/3 part)
- 10 ml RICH SUGAR SYRUP (1/3 part)
- 150 ml SPARKLING WATER (5 parts)
- 2 MINT LEAVES
- 1 MINT SPRIG
How to make it
- 1 – Add ingredients, including mint leaves, to a tall glass / Highball.
- 2 – Fill with cubed Ice and use a spoon to ensure mint leaves are distributed throughout the whole drink.
- 3 – Slide in a wheel of lime and lemon and finish with a sprig of mint on top.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh lemon juice||0||0||ml|
|Fresh lime juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks