In our Red Hook Café, a delicious hint of coffee is brought to the classic Red Hook, itself a spinoff of the Manhattan. A little Maraschino liqueur along with Punt-e-mes is used in the classic Red Hook.
Punt-e-mes is a classic variation on sweet vermouth that combines both the sweet herbaceous notes of sweet vermouth with the heavier bitter notes of amaro. This combination is even in the name, point and a half. A point of sweet and half of bitter.
Punt-e-mes is a delicious ingredient, but this Red Hook variation uses a point and a half ratio of sweet vermouth and coffee liqueur in its place, delivering satisfying bittersweet coffee notes to this twist that every Manhattan lover should know.
- 60 ml RYE WHISKY (2 parts)
- 15 ml SWEET VERMOUTH (1/2 part)
- 7.5 ml MARASCHINO LIQUEUR (1/4 part)
- 7.5 ml COFFEE LIQUEUR (1/4 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- 2 – Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir ingredients together.
- 3 – Stir until ice cold and just enough water has been added from ice-melt to fully open flavours.
- 4 – Strain into glass.
- 5 – Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry and serve.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks