Red Snapper (Fords Gin Batched)
The Red Snapper today, simply means a Gin version of the Bloody Mary. However, both the Red Snapper and the Bloody Mary have very unclear origins, the Red Snapper was also once listed as the Vodka version we know as the Bloody Mary these days! What is clear is that in the years from the mid 1920s to 1940s and beyond, both drinks evolved and developed into the spicy numbers we know today, and can be made with a variety of alcoholic bases. Read More
Whatever the history, this family of long, savory, spicy drinks are not only some of the world’s most famous cocktails, but also the most adaptable. When serving the Fords Gin Red Snapper, we’d recommend a good selection of garnishes and a bottle of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco on hand for guests to tweak and finish their serve to their liking.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 8 People. Please drink responsibly.
- 1 Part FORDS GIN
- 3 Parts TOMATO JUICE
- 1/5 Parts LEMON JUICE
- 1/5 Parts WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- To Taste SEASONING & TOBASCO
How to make it
- 1 – Take a clean, empty Fords Gin Bottle.
- 2 – ADD TOMATO JUICEFill to the 500ml line.
- 3 – ADD LEMON JUICEFill to just clear above the number 500.
- 4 – ADD WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCEFill to just over half-way between the 500ml line and 20oz line.
- 5 – ADD ALL OTHER SEASONING Add a large pinch salt, large pinch of black pepper and dashes of Tabasco to taste (NB – Go light to allow other guests to add more to their preference).
- 6 – ADD FORDS GINFill to the 'fill line' on the neck of the bottle and put the lid on.
- 7 – Roll bottle end-over-end to mix.
- 8 – Taste test to check balance.
- 9 – Add to fridge or ice bucket to chill.
- 10 – SERVEPour your ice cold Red Snapper straight from the bottle into a tall glass, adjust spice level as required to individual taste.Fill glass with ice, garnish with a fresh stick of celery that you’ve cut grooves into the back of to allow flavors to infuse, an array of olives and pickles and anything else you or your guests might fancy then serve.
1 Bottle Serves Minimum 8 People.
Please Drink Responsibly
Shopping list calculator
|Seasoning & Tabasco TO TASTE||0||0|
|Garnish as required||0||0|
Learn more about Fords Gin here
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks