With our Strawberry Cognac Collins, a spin on the Collins formula, we want to demonstrate that Cognac recipes can not only be delicious, but fun and dangerously easy to drink too!
Cognac is such an iconic cocktail ingredient, and yet it’s not the first ingredient that comes to mind for many, even the more experienced cocktail lovers out there.
Furthermore, the Cognac cocktails you may have come across are, although delicious, are often of the more ‘serious’ booze forward variety. Yes, you ARE fancy enough to drink Cognac, now get mixing!
- 60 ml COGNAC (3 parts)
- 20 ml LEMON JUICE (1 part)
- 15 ml VANILLA SYRUP (3/4 part)
- 30 ml FRESH STRAWBERRY (1 1/2 part)
- 45 ml SPARKLING WATER (2 1/4 parts)
How to make it
- 1 – If you’re going to be making a few of these, for ease, blend fresh strawberries into a puree and put into a small jug or a plastic squeezy bottle to make ‘service’ much faster. If you’re just making 1 or 2, you can muddle 2-3 strawberries per drink directly in the shaker.
- 2 – Add all other ingredients, except for sparkling water, to a shaker and fill with ice.
- 3 – Shake hard then fine strain into a tall glass.
- 4 – Add chilled sparkling water then make sure to taste before serving, especially when the sweetness of fresh strawberries can vary SO much!
- 5 – Fill with ice, garnish and serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lemon Juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks