A complex modern twist on the classic Manhattan cocktail recipe, that’s well worth the extra little bit of effort and likely extension to your booze shelf. This recipe was written for the Manhattan loving couple, Pat & Jenna VanHall, to be served across the days of their wedding in the desert near Palm Springs. Do yourself a favour and learn how to make a VanHall’s Manhattan!Read More
This is a cocktail that lends itself for batching, which is ideal for entertaining. If you bottle and chill the completed VanHall’s Manhattan, it will be ready to serve straight from the bottle.
Whichever approach you choose, the first step is to make and bottle this deliciously complex Vermouth blend. Then you can get stirring or batching the final drink. You can also use this Vermouth blend in other recipes beyond the VanHall’s Manhattan. Negroni anyone!?
How to make it
- 1 – Make the VanHall's Vermouth (see below for details).
- 2 – Add the Whisky, VanHall's Vermouth, and bitters to a mixing jug, then fill with ice.
- 3 – Stir with ice to chill the ingredients down and add the water you need to open the flavors of the recipe and bring it into balance.
- 4 – Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry and serve.
VanHall’s Vermouth (500ml)
- 100 ml ANTICA FORMULA (1 part)
- 300 ml MARTINI ROSSO (3 parts)
- 50 ml AMONTILLADO SHERRY (1/2 part)
- 50 ml LICOR 43 (1/2 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Combine ingredients for the VanHall Vermouth Blend together in a sterile bottle, close with a cap and store in the fridge until needed.
- 2 – Proceed to making a VanHall's Manhattan!
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks