A fruity take on the classic Moscow Mule, fresh watermelon is crushed then shaken together with vodka and lime juice then served with ginger beer. Just by adding one new ingredient and reducing the amount of ginger beer a little, you can create a very different drink than the classic.
It’s a fresh, fruity and spicy little drink that’s packed full of flavour with a dramatic look too, but happily it’s an easy drink to make. You can keep this formula and use other soft fruits or berries too, the choice is yours. Just choose something that’s ripe and full of flavour.
- 60 ml VODKA (2 parts)
- 15 ml LIME JUICE (1/2 part)
- 30 ml FRESH WATERMELON (1 part)
- 120 ml GINGER BEER (4 parts)
How to make it
- 1 – Add a 50g (approx. 5cm x 5cm x 2.5cm) chunk of watermelon to your shaker and crush with a muddler.
- 2 – Add fresh lime juice and vodka to the shaker with the muddled watermelon.
- 3 – Fill shaker with ice and give a short but hard shake.
- 4 – Double strain into your glass, add ginger beer then fill glass with ice.
- 5 – Garnish and serve.
Shopping list calculator
|Fresh Lime Juice||0||0||ml|
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks