The White Russian Cocktail is a 1960s twist on the classic Black Russian that was born at the end of the 1940s by adding cream to the Black Russian’s combination of vodka and coffee liqueur.
The White Russian could have bumbled along through drink history in relative obscurity, but this luxuriant combination of ingredients was catapulted into mainstream culture by ‘The Dude’. Jeff Bridge’s legendary character in the 1998 cult movie, ‘The Big Lebowski’. All of a sudden this kitsch and creamy cocktail was cool, and it’s never looked back.Read More
- 30 ml VODKA (1 part)
- 30 ml COFFEE LIQUEUR (1 part)
- 30 ml HEAVY CREAM (1 part)
How to make it
- 1 – Add vodka and coffee liqueur to the glass.
- 2 – Fill glass with ice.
- 3 – Pour cream over the top of the ice to give you that iconic look of white head and dark brown bottom.
- 4 – Serve with that classic two-tone look, but you will want straws or stirrers to hand, to allow the drinker to mix the ingredients together once they get their hands on it!
Shopping list calculator
As always, don’t forget to show us what you made by tagging us!
@Candra_Drinks #MakeBetterDrinks #CandraDrinks